Maple raisin overnight oats are my go-to overnight oats recipe since it uses ingredients I always have on hand. The combination of sweet maple syrup, plump juicy raisins, fragrant cinnamon, and creamy milk is a winner in my book. In the morning I top it with nuts for added texture. Easy, quick, and nutritious!
These overnight oats are a great way to get started on your overnight oat journey. I used to cringe at the thought of cold oats. Oatmeal should be warm and steaming out of my breakfast bowl, or so I thought. Once you get your consistency right, it's just as comforting in my opinion.
Maple raisin overnight oats are one of my favorites because of their sweet and tangy flavors, warm spices, and seasonal fall flavors. Bonus, it uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
And guess what? Overnight oats are a meal preppers' dream. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week and you will be set for days with a nourishing and filling breakfast.
These maple overnight oats use ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Rolled oats - Look for old-fashioned or rolled oats. Avoid instant or quick cooking for this recipe.
- Pure maple syrup- For sweetening the oatmeal.
- Raisins- I use darker raisins as opposed to golden ones. You can substitute sultanas or dried currants.
- Chia seeds
- Milk- Any milk of your choice.
- Nuts for topping (optional)
See the recipe card for quantities.
You will need two tight-fitting jars or lidded containers. Mason jars or leftover jam jars work well.
How to prepare the maple raisin oats
If you are meal prepping, use the recipe scaler located on the recipe card.
Start by adding the oats to a Mason jar or lidded container.
Next add the chia seeds, raisins, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
Next, add milk. Cover the jar and give it a good shake to mix all the ingredients, or stir to combine.
Place in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight.
The next morning, take out your jar from the refrigerator and give it a good stir. The texture should be thick, creamy, and pudding-like—ready to be enjoyed! You can top your maple raisin overnight oats with more raisins or even some toasted nuts.
Substitutions and variations
- Use other dried fruit in place of the raisins. Chopped dates or apricots work well.
- You can use any milk of your choice. Try some vanilla almond milk for added flavor.
- Play around with spices such as cloves or a little nutmeg.
- In place of the maple syrup, try using honey or date syrup.
Storage and make ahead
Well, you already know these can be made ahead! I make up to 5 jars in advance for the workweek. You can also fill your jars ahead of time, and just add milk the night before you are ready to use.
If using nuts, be sure to add them before eating or else they will get soggy. You want to maintain their yummy crunch!
Overnight oats are a healthy and nutritious choice for breakfast, as long as you don't add too much sugar. Oats are filled with fiber and keep you full longer and they are known to contain many vitamins and minerals.
Overnight oats are supposed to be eaten cold. The overnight soaking will make the oats creamy like you would see with hot oatmeal. You can however heat them if you want to.
Me too. Give some of my other favorites a try:
🍳Did you make this recipe? I would love to hear about it! Please leave a recipe rating with comment right below the recipe card. If you snapped a photo of your creation, don't forget to tag me on Instagram @brunchandbatter.
Maple Raisin Overnight Oats
- 2 mason jars or lidded containers
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon sliced raw almonds, or nut of your choice
- Divide the oats, raisins, chia seeds, cinnamon, and maple syrup into mason jars or lidded containers. Add the milk and stir.1 cup rolled oats, 2 tablespoon raisins, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, 2 tablespoon maple syrup, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 cup milk
- Let it sit in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, top with the almonds or nuts of your choice.2 tablespoon sliced raw almonds, or nut of your choice