This gourmet Lemon Ricotta Raspberry Toast is so delicious, you'll never want to make another boring toast again. Prepared with a sweet, lemony ricotta spread then topped with fresh, juicy raspberries, pistachios, lemon zest, then drizzled with honey and flaky pink salt. The most elegant and pretty toast that is perfect for a Spring or Summer brunch!
Isn't this the prettiest toast you ever did see? I mean, I went a little extra, and crumbled some edible dried flowers on the top, but wouldn't this make the best breakfast for Mom on Mother's Day or for Easter brunch, or Tuesday?
I'm no stranger to "fancy" toasts. You may say I'm covering the fruit rainbow with my creations-just check out my blueberry and peach toasts. They are crunchy little canvases that when topped with the right ingredients hit your taste buds like an explosion- in a good way!
So put the butter down, and let's make raspberry toast!
What you will need
If you can get your hands on some fresh bakery bread, it will elevate this lemon ricotta toast to the next level.
- Ricotta cheese- Full or low fat
- Lemon juice and zest- Brightens up the ricotta
- Honey- Adds sweetness to the ricotta
- Raspberries- Fresh
- Pistachios- Shelled, unsalted, and chopped
- Salt- I used Pink Himalayan Flaky Salt- well because it's pink! Any flaky sea or Kosher salt is fine.
- Bread- Hearty bread such as sourdough or whole grain
- Dried edible flowers for topping- Optional
See the recipe card for quantities.
A toaster is great if you have one and the bread fits. No toaster? No problem, just use one of my other methods. Visit the "Tips" section for more info.
Instructions for lemon ricotta raspberry toast
You'll want to start with a good hearty bread like sourdough or whole grain. Toast it up however you want. My bread doesn't fit in my toaster, so I coat it with oil and toast the bread in a pan on the stove until golden brown.
Lay out your toasted bread, and have your ingredients ready. Combine the ricotta, lemon, and honey in a small bowl.
Spread the ricotta lemon mixture on top of the bread.
Add about 8-10 raspberries to each of the bread slices.
Top with flaky salt, pistachios, and lemon zest. Drizzle with honey. Add extra toppings if using.
Make it fancy: I love adding dried edible flowers. You can find them on Amazon.
Substitutions and variations
Feel free to mix it up depending on your ingredients and your diet. To make this gluten-free, just swap out the bread for a gluten-free variety.
- Don't have raspberries? Use strawberries or blackberries.
- Try cottage cheese instead of ricotta.
- You can use any nut you have- such as almonds, or simply top with granola.
- Try adding different seeds for crunch- chia seeds, hemp hearts, poppy seeds, or pumpkin seeds are great choices.
- Add a splash of vanilla to the ricotta.
- Swirl some jam into the ricotta instead of lemon and honey.
- Use orange juice and zest instead of lemon.
This toast is meant to be eaten right away, but you can make the lemon ricotta spread in advance and keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days until ready to eat.
Tips for toasting the bread
To toast your bread, use a toaster, or place the bread on a baking pan, and broil for 1-2 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. You can also toast the bread in a hot skillet with oil or butter on medium for about 2- 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Choose sturdy, dense breads like sourdough, whole grain, or multigrain varieties. These breads can hold a lot of toppings, without becoming mushy.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Lemon Ricotta Raspberry Toast
- 2 slices bread sourdough, whole grain
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoon chopped pistachios raw, shelled and unsalted
- ½ a lemon, zested
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- dried edible flowers for topping optional
- Toast the bread and set aside.2 slices bread
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, lemon juice, and 1 tsp. of honey.½ cup ricotta cheese, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, plus extra for drizzling
- Divide the ricotta and lemon mixture among the bread. Top with 8-10 raspberries each. Add the pistachios, lemon zest, and salt. Drizzle with additional honey. Top with dried flowers if using. Serve immediately.½ cup fresh raspberries, 2 tablespoon chopped pistachios, ½ a lemon, zested, ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt, dried edible flowers for topping
*Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. Nutrition information can vary depending on many factors, such as products used, measurements and substitutions, therefore it is recommended that you obtain nutritional calculations based on your own finished recipe.