This easy blackberry lemon curd parfait is layered with vanilla yogurt, fresh blackberries, tangy lemon curd, and crunchy granola for a perfect portable breakfast treat. It's even decadent enough for dessert, but has all the healthy essentials to start your day!
This blackberry lemon curd parfait is one of the easiest and healthiest breakfasts to throw together. It's even better on the go, as those weekday mornings can get quite hectic. I always hate buying ready-made parfaits from the store, because they are usually prepared far in advance and the granola gets too soggy. That's why you should try making your own! No measuring is required, just layer your ingredients, and top with granola!
Why this recipe works
Blackberries and lemon are a match made in heaven. I use store-bought lemon curd, which I always have on hand. When combined with vanilla yogurt, the taste is reminiscent of fruity cheesecake. And who doesn't want to eat something that tastes like cheesecake for breakfast? Honestly, this parfait can be eaten for dessert too. However you choose to eat it, you'll want to be making these parfaits on repeat!
- Blackberries- Fresh is best, but if you have frozen, you could use them. Be sure to thaw them first.
- Vanilla yogurt- I like the thickness of greek yogurt, but you can use whatever you like. I also tend to go for at least a 2% fat yogurt since it's a little richer.
- Lemon curd- Store-bought lemon curd is fine. Of course, if you have a favorite recipe to make your own- you do you! This is my favorite lemon curd.
- Granola- Use whatever granola you like, but you can't go wrong with my delicious vanilla coconut granola. It pairs so well with vanilla yogurt, lemon, and blackberries.
See the recipe card for full ingredients and instructions.
- If you don't like blackberries, then any berry will do. Try using blueberries, raspberries, or even strawberries.
- The sky's the limit for yogurt. If you don't like vanilla yogurt, opt for plain, or fruit-flavored yogurt.
- If you don't have lemon curd, you can try using a high-quality raspberry jam.
- For the granola, you can substitute crumbled cereal! Yes- cereal. I have run out of granola plenty of times, and in a pinch, I have smashed my favorite cereal and sprinkled it on top!
- I love using old jam jars to prepare these parfaits. You can also use your favorite drinkware, parfait glass, or glass storage container. No matter what you use, I highly recommend using a glass vessel to serve it in, so that no odors will leak into your parfaits.
- To keep the granola as crunchy as can be, top the parfait with the granola right before you are about to eat it!
- The recipe gives amounts as guides, but since there really is no measuring, feel free to use more or less of an ingredient to your taste. Lemon curd is very tangy, so do be careful about adding too much lemon curd. I find that 1 tablespoon does work best here.
There you have it! Now go and make this. I'm sure it will turn out just PARFect!
Blackberry Lemon Curd Parfait
- 1 8-10 ounce jar
- ¾ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon curd
- 1-2 tablespoon granola
- In a small jar (I like to use an old jam jar), layer ½ of the yogurt, followed by the lemon curd, ½ the blackberries, the remaining yogurt, and the rest of the blackberries. Top with granola.
- These parfaits can be made up to 24 hours in advance and kept in the fridge. If you don't want the granola to get soggy, you can top off the parfait with the granola right before you eat it.