This healthy banana pineapple smoothie will have you reaching for the sunblock. A little tropical treat without the guilt is all you need to start your day!
I love starting the day with a delicious, creamy smoothie for breakfast. I keep my smoothies simple, with either yogurt or milk and no added sugar. The sweetness comes from the fruit. I make sure my bananas are ripe before I freeze them so they are ready to go anytime I'm in the mood for a frozen treat.
This banana pineapple smoothie couldn't be easier to make. All you need is a blender and four ingredients, and you are well on your way to sipping pleasure.
- Frozen bananas- You can buy these at the store, or you can freeze your own ripe bananas.
- Frozen pineapple- You can use fresh too, but I like the fruit in my smoothies to be frozen to avoid adding ice cubes.
- Milk- Any milk of your choice.
- Pineapple juice- Instead of adding sugar, just a touch of pineapple juice helps to sweeten up this smoothie.
- Coconut flakes and fresh pineapple for garnish.
See recipe card for quantities.
Just add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy! If your smoothie is too thick, just add a bit more milk to get to your desired consistency. It should be creamy and thick, but not too thick that you can't pour it.
You can adjust this smoothie to suit your diet. If you want to make it more tropical, try substituting milk for coconut milk. If you want to add more protein, swap in Greek yogurt for the milk. Trying to boost the fiber for even more health benefits?- try adding flaxseed.
All you need is a blender and a few serving glasses. Fun straw optional!
Nope- not today! This smoothie is meant to be consumed right away. You can half the recipe if you want a single serving.
Bananas add creaminess to smoothies while providing a natural sweetener. Using frozen bananas will keep the smoothie creamy without having to add ice cubes, which tends to water it down.
Take a ripe banana, peel it then cut it into chunks. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, removing as much air as possible. Store in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Looking for other healthy drink recipes? Try this refreshing Cantaloupe Lime Agua Fresca!
Healthy Banana Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- coconut flakes and fresh pineapple for garnish optional
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add more milk if it is too thick.
- Pour into 2 8-ounce glasses and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh pineapple and coconut flakes if using.