If you need to cool down on a hot Summer's day, this easy cantaloupe lime agua fresca is a perfect choice. Cool, refreshing and fruity it's a cinch to make with only three ingredients.
Agua fresca's are a popular fruit drink in Mexico and literally translated means "fresh water". This non-alcoholic drink uses fresh fruit, and is usually mixed with water, sugar, and other fruits. Here, I paired cantaloupe and lime for a sweet and tropical vibe.
This easy cantaloupe lime agua fresca comes together in minutes and can be made ahead, doubled, and served to a crowd. It makes the perfect brunch drink -and that color? Oh so pretty!
- Ripe cantaloupe
- Sugar or sweetener of your choice if your cantaloupe isn't as ripe
See recipe card for quantities.
You will need a blender for this drink.
- Your cantaloupe should be ripe. This will provide the sweetest, most intensive flavor. When picking a cantaloupe look for a tan-colored cantaloupe, not green in color. The melon should be firm but not too soft or too hard and there should be no soft or brown spots. Your best test of ripeness will be smelling it. If it smells sweet then it is most likely a winner! Often when the cantaloupe is ripe, there is no need to add additional sweeteners to the drink
- You can add more or less water as needed
- Allow the agua fresca to chill in the refrigerator before serving
- Some recipes call for straining the foam after blending to have a clearer juice. I find that this step isn't necessary, and I don't mind the agua fresca a little thicker
- Want to make this alcoholic? Don't worry- I won't tell! Try experimenting with your favorite alcohol.
Easy Cantaloupe Lime Agua Fresca
- 6 cups ripe cantaloupe, cut into chunks about one medium cantaloupe
- 1 lime, juiced, plus more for garnishing (optional)
- 2 tablespoon sugar, or more to taste (optional)
- 2 cups water, plus more if needed
- A few sprigs of mint for garnishing (optional)
- Combine the cantaloupe, lime, water, and sugar (if using) in a blender and mix until well combined. You will need to do this in batches to not overcrowd your blender. Taste for sweetness. Feel free to add more sugar or water to your liking.
- Add to a serving pitcher and refrigerate for up to one hour to chill or serve immediately with ice. Garnish with additional lime and mint if using.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!